SEATTLE COMMUNITY COUNCIL FEDERATION
NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency), Pacific Marine Center on Lake Union
1801 Fairview Avenue East
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Quarterly Round Robin on Neighborhood Projects and Issues
The September Federation meeting is your opportunity to brief our citywide membership on projects and issues that your community council or organization is working on. Is there pending legislation you are following? Has your community council developed city budget priorities? Do you have issues with the work of any of the city’s departments or public officials? Do you have projects underway that other communities can learn from? The Round Robin is a great networking opportunity and a chance to generate support from the Federation and its member organizations for the important work you are doing.
If you have informational materials you would like distributed at the meeting, please email electronic copies or links to Jeannie Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7:00 Call to Order and Introductions
1. Changes to the agenda
2. Treasurer’s report
3. President’s report
7:15 Round Robin
1. Pike Place Market levy
2. Parks levy—Should the Federation take a position?
3. The City’s non-fix for megahouses
4. Jail siting—Update
5. Lake Union Opportunity Alliance (LUOA)—a new voice for South Lake Union
6. Updating neighborhood plans
7. RPZ proposed policy changes
8. Magnuson Park continuing issues
9. University Village proposed expansion
10. Study showing elevated risk of cancer from airborne pollutants in south Seattle, most particularly Georgetown and South Park
11. Neighborhood blogs—a report from the recent Seattle Public Library/City Club event
12. Children’s Hospital proposed expansion—Is there a compromise?
13. Noise ordinance update
14. Other Issues/Projects
NOAA is a federal facility on high security alert, so attendees must enter by the security gate and may need to present photo ID. If you haven't attended a recent Federation meeting, please send your name, contact information, and address to email@example.com to be added to the entry list. No e-mail? Call 206-365-1267. The building is ADA compliant, with ample parking in front.